Top 10 New York Cannabis Events You Should Consider AttendingBy Sasha Abramzon
Cannabis industry events are a crucial part of the cannabis media landscape. If you’re a cannabis brand or entrepreneur, attending industry events should be considered a part of your cannabis communications strategy. Conferences, conventions and community gatherings are the best way to network with other business owners across the supply chain as well as get public visibility for your products or services.
The New York cannabis community takes pride in their events. The New York adult-use cannabis program has begun rolling out and to ensure an equitable and sustainable market, members of the community host and throw events to promote brands that are by New Yorkers for New Yorkers. If you’re a cannabis brand or entrepreneur trying to establish a footprint in New York’s cannabis market here are some of the best events you should be following and attending to boost your PR efforts.
- CWCBE: The Cannabis World Congress & Business Exposition (CWCBExpo) is a business-to-business trade show event for the legalized cannabis industry. It is held in the largest media, financial, and business markets. It is the leading forum for dispensary owners, growers, suppliers, investors, medical professionals, government regulators, legal counsel, and entrepreneurs looking to achieve business success and identify new areas of growth in this dynamic and fast-growing industry.
Upcoming Event Dates: June 1-3, 2023
- CannaCon: CannaCon is dedicated to creating and strengthening lifelong partnerships within the emerging cannabis industry. It is our mission to provide a global B2B venue for cannabis businesses, marijuana entrepreneurs, investors and community partners to showcase industry products, people, innovations and technology. We are committed to cultivating business values within the cannabis industry through education and responsible community involvement.
- NY Cannabis Insider : NY Cannabis Insider Live hosts business conferences and networking meetups state-wide throughout the year. The in-person sessions bring together cannabis entrepreneurs and thought leaders to discuss topics essential to the New York State cannabis industry. Each live event dedicates an abundance of networking time to connect with others in the industry who can answer questions or become a resource as you build your business.
Upcoming Event Dates: May 18, 2023
- Revelry: ontherevel was founded by two cannabis entrepreneurs in New York City, Lulu Tsui and Jacobi Holland. But as New York City residents they felt the local events lacked the quality and access to operators that are actually on the ground in other states and national/regional events did a very poor job representing the diverse backgrounds and faces that are building the industry. And all the business events lacked the good energy and positive vibes of consumer events. ontherevel was formed to highlight the diverse people that have been and are currently building the cannabis industry. Fundamentally, ontherevel believes the cannabis industry should be equitable, inclusive, and collaborative. Today, ontherevel produces regular online content and in-person experiences and events to highlight the business opportunities in the cannabis industry.
Upcoming Event Dates: February 25, 2023
- NECANN: Since its launch in 2014, the New England Cannabis Convention has grown into the 2nd largest B2B cannabis industry event in the country! This year’s convention will feature 300+ exhibitors, 5 programming tracks with over 100 industry expert speakers, the 4th annual NECANN Cup, the NE Canna Community Awards, professional workshops, Mass Responsible Vendor Training, and the opportunity to network and learn from the largest gathering of cannabis professionals in the entire northeast. NECANN is a vital hub of resources and communication for all cannabis businesses, entrepreneurs, cultivators, advocates, patients, investors, educators, and consumers alike!
Upcoming Event Dates: September 29-30, 2023
- NYC Cannabis Parade: The New York City Cannabis Parade & Rally (NYCCPR) is among the longest running marijuana legalization events in the world. What began as a “Smoke-In” in Washington Square Park organized by the Yippies in 1973 has evolved. Sister events take place in cities worldwide on the same day. NYCCPR is the founding chapter of the Global Marijuana March. For many decades, the parade has played a role in educating New Yorkers about prohibition and what needed to be done to change the state's outdated cannabis laws. The Parade & Rally will be both a celebration and acknowledgement of hard work well done by so many activists and advocates. New York has come a long way from when it was the Marijuana Arrest Capitol of the World. As we enter a new era, we must remain vigilant and keep our eyes on implementation and diversity as the cannabis industry grows in New York and across the Northeast.
Upcoming Event Dates: May 6, 2023
- MJ Unpacked: MJ Unpacked produces distinctive events and focused content that accelerates the growth and profitability of cannabis brands and retailers. MJ Unpacked serves the needs of the most critical sub-segmentation of any CPG industry – the brands and retailers. Unlike events and conferences that are heavily populated with supply-side and infrastructure companies and lack attendee qualification, MJ Unpacked provides an exclusive forum for qualified brand and retail decision-makers. MJ Unpacked delivers unique data presentations and insights pertinent to the segment driving today’s market.
Upcoming Event Dates: April 26-28, 2023
- Luxury Meets Cannabis : Launched in 2018 and now biannual, LMCC remains the first and only B2B trade show of its kind connecting top traditional retailers, global media, investors, and leading luxe dispensaries to a global assortment of best-in-class CBD, Hemp, & Cannabis-related Health, Beauty, & Wellness brands.
Upcoming Event Dates: May 18-19, 2023
- Women Grow Summit: Women Grow was created to Connect, Educate, Empower and Inspire (C.E.E.I.) the next generation of cannabis leaders by creating programs, community and events for aspiring and current business executives. Founded in 2014 in Denver now headquartered on the east coast, Women Grow serves as a catalyst for women to influence and succeed in the cannabis industry as the end of marijuana prohibition occurs on a global scale.
- The Canna Diva: The CannaDiva Collective is a space for women from the Canna-curious to the cannabis connoisseur to connect and collaborate, learn and lead, build and burn so that we can grow, educate and empower a community of women who break the stigma every day.
Upcoming Event Dates: Workshop, February 2, 2023